On the heels of the “viralization” of Bryce Harper’s “that’s a clown question, bro” response to a reporter’s inquiry, the Twitterverse exploded with news of an impending “Big Baseball Scandal.” #BigBaseballScandal started trending and all sorts of folks chimed in with their humorous guesses as to what the scandal might be.
Here are some the VORG offered up:
- Jeter’s gift baskets include “French-milled soap” that isn’t in fact “French-milled”
- Bryce Harper’s walk-up music changing to “Tears of a Clown”
- Phillie Phanatic, sued 4 times this decade, turns out to be Lenny Dykstra
- Terry Francona now dating Patty Smyth [Scandal]
- All parks will now play “Goodbye to You” during 7th-inning stretch [Scandal]
Unfortunately, the real “scandal” wasn’t that juicy or salacious.